If you’re looking for a fresh, positive and inspiring fitness blog to check out, please hop on over to
Alex Tries it Out.
Alex is a fellow runner and graphic designer and her blog is attractive, organized and full of constantly-updated healthy content! She is very involved with the local design community as well as being visible in the blogging community. God love her for nominating Wake Up for Makeup for a Liebster Award. She has posed 11 questions which I’m going to answer! Enjoy and please go see Alex because she’s cool as hell. Thank you Alex! Keep up the awesome work on Alex Tries It Out!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
My 11 Random Facts
- My mom got my name, Ivy, from the obituaries.
- I studied Spanish for 7 years and am just ok at it. Not bilingual, though I wish!
- I love black licorice candy.
- I was on some billboards, trucks and newspaper ads for a cell phone company in college.
- I have traveled to Greece, Croatia and Italy but never Lake of the Ozarks or Okoboji.
- I once ran into an ATM machine. In my car.
- I am a pescetarian. I eat seafood but no other meats.
- I had Grave’s Disease, a thyroid condition, for a few years. They were the skinniest years of my life.
- I took Photography 101 in college and often cried about it because the dark room was so hard for me. Now I’m married to a photographer 🙂
- I also took Ceramics class in college and cried about that too. I’m very 2-D, not at all 3-D.
- I got hit in the nose with a golf ball when I worked at a golf course. And I didn’t even break my nose!
Below are my answers to the 11 questions Alex asked.
What’s your favorite food?
Marshmallow Peeps dude. I bet I’m disgusting so many of you right now, haha! But I’ve always loved them and I look forward to their arrival every year. The vanilla creme is ta die fo.
What do you collect?
Besides makeup? I guess white minimalist figurines. I have been accumulating a small collection of these and bonus points if it’s an animal. EXCEPT OWLS. If you know me at all, you know I hate owls. I will explain sometime.
Brothers? Sisters? Spill!
I have one brother, Jordan. He is one of my very best friends. We are only 3 years apart so we share similar tastes in music, film and humor. He edits beautiful artistic short films and works for my husband Jake as a real estate photographer.
What’s your favorite exercise?
I have run since 8th grade and it is the only exercise I’ve never gotten sick of or abandoned. It’s very freeing and zen to me and I love listening to obnoxiously loud electronic music on runs.
What’s your all-time favorite movie?
I like a lot of movies that most people hated. I prefer documentaries and true stories. Don’t really have a favorite but we have watched Knocked Up more times than I can count and it still makes me laugh.
When you were five, what did you want to be when you grew up? Did you do it?
An artist, and yes, I suppose you could say I did?!
If you were on a desert island, what 3 items would you want with you? (You have water/food. Doesn’t count.)
Assuming it would work-my ipad/iphone, bigass sunglasses and a sketchpad.
What’s your go-to recipe for a weeknight?
Something I call rice bowls. I make brown rice with cilantro, add salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Doesn’t look pretty, but tastes good. Kinda my hack of Chipotle’s vegetarian burrito bowl. In the summer, I add sweet corn and fresh avocados.
What book should I be reading?
If you are a blogger, Blog Inc. is great. If you’re mad about makeup like me, Scott Barnes’ books have been the most informational by far. He is an industry pioneer and transforms every woman into a sexy siren.
Here are my Liebster Nominations.
If you want to do this, I can’t wait to read your answers. If you don’t have time, no worries but just know I enjoy your blogs guys and girls!
Brianne @ BS in the Midwest
Kayla @ Many Sparrows
Ben @ Road to 200 Lost
Jessica @ Bormann Twins
Meanz @ Koi Story
Reese @ Theresa Kistel
Alicia @ Big Vegan Affair
Annie @ Stylish Petite
Jen @ MakexDo
Chrissy @ Domestica
Pete @ DSM is Not Boring
And here are my questions for you wonderful bloggers!
- What word makes you cringe?
- If you had to eat one food everyday, for the rest of your life, would would that food be?
- How do you stay creative?
- If you could re-do it, would you have studied something else in college? If you didn’t attend, what would you study if someone gave you free tuition?
- Do you speak any other languages?
- Do you have any tattoos? Do you like them?
- What quality do you find most attractive in others?
- Would you ever consider plastic surgery?
- Do you love or loathe exercise?
- If you could furnish your entire house, for free, from one catalog/store/website, which would it be?
- What is one skill or hobby you’ve always wanted to learn?