I’m not a super big fan of “do’s” and “don’t’s” when it comes to makeup, simply because I love the freedom of expression, finding what works best for you and your features and feeling confident in finding what looks make you feel prettiest. However, I have noticed several things that seem to go easily wrong for women, causing them to look less beautiful than they really are. I have also discovered a few steps that make large, visible differences for the better. Here are 10 things to stop doing in your routine and 10 things to start!
1. Thickly lining your bottom lash line.
2. Wearing blush too low.
3. Overlining your lips to make them look bigger.
4. Using a wedge sponges to apply foundation. If you like the idea of a sponge, a beautyblender is the way to go. You can see it in action here.
5. Lining only the outside of your lips with liner and doing it after lipstick. 6. Using bronzer all over to appear tan.
7. Smoking. This does literally nothing for you health and beauty-wise.
8. Tanning. Go bed-free with my favorite sunless products.
9. Using one eye brush for everything. Here are additional details brushes from a previous post.
1. Experimenting with trends and color.
2. Defining your brows.
3. Using a retinol or retinoid product. I love Philosophy’s Help Me.
4. Using an eye cream.
5. Incorporating SPF into your moisturizer or primer.
6. Using waterproof mascara on your bottom lashes.
7. Washing your makeup brushes on the regular. Need to know how? Here!
8. Enjoying your morning beauty routine! Music, coffee, morning shows-this should be a happy time!
9. Exfoliating. Via Clarisonic brush or a gentle at-home peel.
10. Start asking what you want to know from the experts in your life or friends who always have it going on. Most people who truly love beauty are happy to teach, myself included