Something you may not know is that at the beginning of 2016, I chose to no longer offer blog coverage to companies that test on animals. It caused me to filter certain brands out of my personal and professional makeup kit. Unfortunately, one of those brands was Stila. I was super sad about this as it was one of my go-to’s for a long time. I am mega amped to report that Stila is now back on the cruelty-free list! They sadly left this list in 2013 but just recently, completely withdrew from the Chinese market, who requires animal testing. I am so freaking proud of Stila for making this move. When a brand chooses not to sell in the Chinese market, they no doubt lose money. I respect them 1000x more though and I can’t wait to start supporting them again. Here are what I consider to be the best Stila products.
1. Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick • Tesoro This was one of the first liquid lipsticks I tried. The red-orange shade of ‘Tesoro’ is so good on warm skin tones. It makes me feel like a spicy chili pepper!
2. Convertible Color • Peony Meet the most bomb cream blush in a universally-flatting color. I have loved this for years and it just works on everyone.
3. One Step Correct This primer is one of the best I’ve ever tried for counteracting redness. I’ve even used it on male clients. It works like magic and is super lightweight and non-greasy.
4. Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner In my opinion, this is the longest-wearing felt tip liner. It’s not too wet, dries to a matte finish and won’t quit on you. It comes in so many awesome shades now too. Peep that periwinkle!
5. Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette This was one of the first all-matte “nice” palettes I ever bought. It is still one of the most versatile and well-loved. The packaging has changed, for the better, since I purchased it but the shades are still killing it. You can do so much with this and matte eyeshadows are super flattering for more mature skin.
6. All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten This rosy neutral makes a beautiful champagne highlighter but also the perfect eyeshadow. I love the shades mixed and solo. Makeup artist James Vincent assisted in the creation of this and it’s just perfectly lovely.
7. Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner • Lionfish The Smudge Sticks are all long-wearing, smooth-applying eyeliners. I especially love Lionfish, a metallic coppery brown that looks so pretty in the waterline.
I hope you enjoyed hearing about my Stila favorites and celebrating the good news that they are back on the cruelty-free list! Yaaaay!