Hello dolls! If you’re makeup crazy like this one, *points to self, you’ve likely noticed the sudden influx of matte, liquid lipsticks. Like seriously, everyone is doin’ it. Doin’ it well though? Here are those that are representing Queens AND raised outta Brooklyn. Not really though, but you know. Most love liquid lipsticks for their superior wearability but I think they’re also the best for creating that slightly overlined lip. The matte texture keeps this from looking too fake and overdone.
1. Sephora Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color Affordable, great color range, long wearing and comfortable to wear! Well hot damn.
2. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick All hail Queen Von D! If you aren’t so into traditional lip colors, you’ll delight in the matte navy, black and vivid purple hues.
3. NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream I’ve loved these for a longass time and one might say NYX was one of the first to jump on this trend. I love wearing Sao Paulo and Istanbul but now I’m dying to get Transylvania for fall!
4. TheBalm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick Not only do these smell like Thin Mints to me but they wear a really long time and apply perfectly. Charming is my current fave.
5. Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream With a unique cream-to-powder finish and 50% pigment, these look every bit as luxurious as they feel. Plus, you know I’m a Bite Beauty fangirl.
6. Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge This is one of the OG’s of long-lasting liquid lip colors in my mind. I know a lot of people who swear by it and with good reason. It was originally created for synchronized swimmers so let’s just say it ain’t goin’ nowhere! 16 is one of my favorite classic hot pinks and I love 18 because I’m just a coral/orange lover.
7. Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick This is the longest wearing one on the list, according to me. I love Beso, Tesoro, Carina and Patina.
8. Colourpop Ultra Mattes Well first of all, they’re $6 each, so there’s that. These come in tons of colors with Donut being an early fave, both for the name and shade itself. They also have the uber-trendy greige, Trap if you’re feeling crazy.
9. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick Mario Dedivanovic used one of these in Pure Hollywood on Kim K before it’s release and people freaked. There are tons of other great colors beyond nude though; avant garde shades like Paint, Potion and Trust Issues.