Wanna do a peel? Got 20 seconds? These Radical Skincare Age-Defying Exfoliating Pads are the ticket. I’ve been using them for about a month and I can tell you, as a frequent peel user, these are different.
Radical Skincare is a fairly-new player in the skincare game. The founders, sisters Liz and Rachel, started the company as a result of their own experiences with rosacea and the lovely frustrations of aging. Radical Skincare products are sold at Sephora, a company who is notoriously difficult to get into as a brand and who doesn’t sell just any product.
Ok, so about these powerful little peel pads. These are to be used after cleansing your face at night. They contain AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) and BHA (beta hydroxy acids) to speed up cell turnover, firm, tighten and reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores. Little fact: AHA’s work above the surface (remember A=above) and BHA’s work below (B=below)!
All of the Radical Skincare products utilize something called Trylacel technology. This is basically an advanced antioxidant preservation system. It ensures the highest potency is delivered to your skin cells.
Here is my overall, honest take on the Radical Skincare Age-Defying Exfoliating Pads:
What I Love
- The ease of use. I’m a notorious night owl and sometimes by the time I make it into the bathroom at night, I’m not feeling the whole skincare song and dance. These take literally 20 seconds or less and you can apply moisturizer right after.
- The way my pores look the next morning. I have big pores and that’s just life. However, I noticed significantly smaller pores on my nose especially.
- My forehead smoothness. Ok this is kind of hard to explain and weird, but the very top of my forehead, like right below my hairline, is insanely smoother. So much so that I find myself touching my forehead throughout the day. I am 30, and just starting to show lines but I definitely have visible expression lines in my forehead. They are deep enough that I can run my finger over them and feel the indention. I noticed these are not nearly as deep.
- Their gentleness. I have dry skin, sometimes a little irritated. My skin tolerates these well and they don’t burn or dry it out.
- The ingredients. It’s no wonder these worked for me because they contain ingredients that have proven very successful for me in the past. Those ingredients being willow bark, salicylic acid and witch hazel.
What I Don’t Love
- The price, obvi. I would never tell you that I think $75 is nothing. But since there is a 2-month supply in each jar, it breaks down to $37.50 a month which is definitely cheaper than most facials I’ve had.
- The scent. It’s certainly not overbearing, and it doesn’t last, but I smell hints of formaldyhyde. It doesn’t have that in it, so don’t worry. It actually is free of parabens, sulfates and pthalates.
- The ingredient propylene glycol. This is commonly found in things like anti-freeze and E-cigarettes and used as a preservative. Just not a great thing but it’s very low on the ingredients list.
Try these out if you’re looking for a quick but effective product that you’ll likely see results with. These are the easiest and fastest peels there are so if you’re short on time, these are for you.
Product was sent to me for review. I was not compensated to write this post nor did I receive financial incentive to promote this product positively. All opinions expressed are my own.