Those that know me well probably choked on their coffee when they saw ‘bareMinerals’ in the title. While I’m not a huge fan of the mineral powder foundation, bareMinerals still makes some pretty great products beyond that dirty-feeling powder.
The bareMinerals 6 Steps to Gorgeous set is a great deal for 6 products-3 being full-size versions!
I’ll break down all 6 products in this set for you and tell you what’s legit and what’s just meh:
- Marvelous Moxie in Sparkplug: This is a great peachy nude and probably my favorite product in the whole set. Love the non-sticky feel and the mint scent reminds me of wedding mints!
- Lash Domination: I like to twist the helix brush upwards on my lashes. With 2 coats, it can clump. I wore it all day to work and experienced no flaking. The results are nice, but nothing astonishing in the length or volume department.
I got some in my eye, as you’ll see in the video, and it burned really bad! That caused my eyes to water and then it ran like the wind down my cheek. Not real sure what the burning was about?
- Well Rested Face & Eye Brightener: This is one of the most subtle highlighters. It isn’t shimmery or sparkly, making it great for mature skin. It works best when drawn along the high points of your cheekbones and in a slight fan shape under the eye. If you like a dramatic, shimmery highlight, this won’t be it for you though.
- Mineral Veil: This is a really nice setting powder that doesn’t add any additional color and mattifies without looking chalky. I still prefer translucent setting powders like Make Up For Ever HD and Tarte Amazonian Clay Setting Powder.
- BE Ready Blush in ‘The One’: I really like the color of this but I’m not super impressed with the pigmentation of the BE Ready blushes. I just have to load it on to get the payoff I like. I’ve had this issue with other colors as well. I also feel like the texture could be a lot more finely-milled and silky.
- Flawless Face Brush: This is one of bareMineral’s most classic brushes. It’s natural bristles are cut in a fan shape pick up just the right amount of powder to lightly dust it on. I like this brush and plan to use for dusting on powder highlighters, or using the flat shape of it to create contour areas.
Here’s all the products in action in a short little touch-up video:
I think this 6-piece set is a great touch-up kit to keep on hand in emergencies but I remain on the the meh side of the bareMinerals love fest.
ULTA 21 Days of Beauty Steals ends today and what a 21 days it has been! Freaking deals galore dude. Hope you scored some! xoxo.