Before I tell you my thoughts on Glossier Priming Moisturizer, allow me to share my theory on primers. Being that they are intended to extend the longevity of your makeup, and hopefully improve the look of it too, I believe it all comes down to hydration level.
For example, my skin type is dry. When my skin isn’t hydrated, it tries to suck moisture out of whatever I put on it, i.e. my foundation, concealer, etc. For oily skin types, if your skin is producing too much oil, much like oily makeup removers, it will break down your makeup.
Thus, when your skin is at the right level of hydration, not only will it allow makeup to stick around a little longer, but your wrinkles, fine lines, pores, scars etc. will be plumped up and makeup won’t have as easy of a time settling into them. Ya dig? As a hardcore Glossier fan and card-carrying member of the dry as a bone skin club, I had to try out the Priming Moisturizer. Here are a few key takeaways
- Texture: Medium weight texture, not thick or watery. Just right. 3 Little Bears style. It absorbs quickly and leaves no sticky or heavy feel.
- Value: Generous amount for the price: 1.7 fl oz for $22. I think this is quite affordable.
- Packaging: I love a tube. I much prefer this to a jar, where air is introduced repeatedly. I also like that you can squeeze out every last drop.
- Results: This hydrates well but I think I personally still need a tad more hydration. It soothes and helps to calm redness I’ve noticed. As for longevity of makeup? I think it depends on the formula.
I noticed some similarities to MUA cult fave Embroylisse Lait Creme Concentrate, right away so I’ll be comparing the two below.
Ingredients they share
- Stearic acid
- Shea butter
Where Glossier Priming Moisturizer gives you a little more for your money
- Hyaluronic acid
- Honeysuckle extract
- Tea leaf
- Fragrance free
- Anti-aging tetrapeptides
- Boswellia (anti-inflammatory)
- Snow mushroom extract, rich in polysaccharides, promoting hydration
- Plastic tube is easier to squeeze vs. the metal tube which I’ve had puncture and leak
- Fragrance free
Where Embroylisse Lait Creme Concentrate shines
- More hydrating
- Slightly more affordable
Do I recommend Glossier Priming Moisturizer? Yes.
Is it better than Embroylisse Lait Creme Concentrate? Ok, so I don’t want to say better, but I do think Glossier Priming Moisturizer gives you a little more for your money. I do wish Glossier Priming Moisturizer were a little more hydrating, but I suspect Glossier was appealing to normal skin types here and released Priming Moisturizer Rich.