How to Reapply Sunscreen Easily
This post is sponsored by Seriously FAB*
2019 has been the year of sunscreen commitment for me. I vowed not to skip a day, not to get lazy and slack off. My forehead melasma serves as a powerful reminder of why I can’t be SPF negligent any longer. It’s like a whole continent system up there.
I’ve found myself wondering how to reapply sunscreen, given that I almost always wear makeup. I have also panicked when I forgot to apply it before my makeup and then I’m getting ready to leave the house SANS SUNSCREEN. How dare me.
ZINC IT OVER is a facial sunscreen mist, meant to be applied over makeup, just as you would a setting spray, but it can be applied on bare skin too.
I’ve tried powder SPFs and while I don’t dislike them, I found it was difficult to know if I applied them evenly, and applying too much can make the finish of your makeup appear chalky and cakes. I love hydrating mists in general so I knew a facial sunscreen mist would be up my alley.
ZINC IT OVER Sunscreen Mist is a a multifunctional, multipurpose product, serving as a setting spray and sunscreen mist with anti-aging ingredients. It is also:
- Made in the USA
- Reef safe
- No white cast
- Comes in unscented version
- Mineral/physical SPF
- Bottles are 100% recyclable
I’ve been trying out both the Fresh Greens and Unscented mists. They also have Tropical Floral, Citrus Passion and a trio of all different minis too. These would be great for travel.
The Unscented truly is, completely unscented which is so nice to see. Fresh Greens scent smells mostly of cucumbers and it’s refreshing. I’d love to see a soothing lavender scent in the future.
Why I Like This
- No sticky feel
- Unscented truly is unscented!
- Nice, fine mist that doesn’t drench your face
- Doesn’t change the texture of makeup
- Quality ingredients
- Generous 3 oz. size
- Setting spray and SPF in one
- Broad Spectrum SPF: The non-nano Zinc Oxide blocks both UVA and UVB rays. (not) fun fact: UVA rays cause cancer and wrinkles and can penetrate glass. UVB rays cause sunburn and can cause skin cancer.
- Antioxidants: Pomegranate, Roobios Tea, Blueberry Extract, Acerola Cherry
- Hydrators: Aloe, Shea Esters, Vitamin E, Glycerin
- Shake the bottle before each use. The zinc can settle.
- Spray about a half an arm’s length from your face. Over saturating could cause a visible white cast.
- Apply 15 minutes before sun exposure and reapply every 2 hours.
- Spray generously, making sure to cover your entire face, as well as ears and neck.
- In the warmer months/climates, keeping a little cooler in your car with this in it would be a divine way to reapply. I plan on doing that during next year’s wedding season for sure.
- Buy 2 and keep one at work so you can reapply throughout the day, before your lunch break especially if you leave the building.
- ZINC IT OVER is was not tested for being water resistance so you’ll want to use a physical sunscreen if you’re going to be in the water.
Sunscreen is a daily commitment, 365 days a year, no matter the weather. The best sunscreen is the one that you enjoy using and reapplying. It has to be easy and ZINC IT OVER has nailed that.
*Seriously FAB has paid for a dedicated blog post on this site. Products were provided for review purposes. A positive review was not encouraged and all opinions expressed are my own.