Makeup Eraser Review
When I receive products for review, I don’t always end up telling you about them. That’s because I don’t believe any press is good press and I want to focus on only bringing you the products I’m super turnt up about. However, being a former Sephora employee, familiar with their very selective standards for carrying new brands, I was surprised to see The MakeUp Eraser in their What’s New section lately. I tried this product for the first time late last year through a very nice representative for the company. This is a product sold via independent distributer and was an “as seen on TV” product so needless to say, I was confused seeing it on Sephora.com. I figured I’d give my fellow Sephora shoppers my thoughts and demonstrate it for ya!
The MakeUp Eraser is a 100% polyester cloth that claims to remove all of your makeup, even waterproof, with just warm water. It contains no cleanser or chemicals and is machine washable. It retails for $20
- Removes most of my makeup
- 1000 times more eco-friendly than disposable makeup wipes
- Removes initial layer of makeup
- Machine washable
- Does not 100% remove all makeup. I noticed some on the towel I used to dry my face with and the cotton pad that I used a toner on.
- Requires quite a bit of tugging on eye area for removal. If you watch the video, you’ll see an eyelash that fell out on my chin during the demonstration! That makes me nervous!
- Takes longer than traditional cleansing
- Made in China
- Price. $20 for a polyester wash cloth? Um, ok. Polyester is a synthetic, non-renewable resource.
- You should still follow up with a cleanser, especially if you are breakout prone.
- Must be washed after each use. WHO DOES LAUNDRY EVERYDAY?!
I was sent The MakeUp Eraser by Kim Wolff, Senior Sales Director for MakeUp Eraser. I did not receive any financial compensation for this review and all opinions expressed are my own. If you’d like to purchase or ask Kim questions you may email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.AuthenticMakeUpEraser.com.