I rarely, if ever, wear gray (or grey-depending on who you are) on my eyes. I’ve long been team anti-gray, feeling that it made my dull green eye color even duller and the whites of my eyes look yellow. Well hey girl, hey! Today’s a new day!
I created this metallic smoky eye with the help of the Borghese Color Eclipse Eclissare 5-Shade Eyeshadow Palette. I think a few factors make this look a win for me finally:
- Using a warm transition color first. I used the bronzer from the FLOWER Beauty Blush/Bronze Duo in Shimmering Goddess
- Layering! I used multiple shades of charcoal and silver to create dimension, thus avoiding a flat, lifeless look.
- Metallic! The reflective quality of these shadows gives the eye are much more life than if I were to have used all matte shadows.
- Blue undertone in the shadows. The blue tone prevents the whites of my eyes from turning yellow!
1. Smolder to smudge the kohl liner out and upwards.
2. Vapor all over lid to create dimension.
3. Lit at inner corner and center of lid for a pop of brightness.
4. Scorch along lower lash line for some sparkle!
I am all for gray rights now. Watch the tutorial video below to get the step-by-step breakdown!
Maybelline Master Kajal Liner • $7.99
Smashbox ‘Full Exposure’ Waterproof Mascara • $20.00
Borghese Color Eclipse Eclissare 5-Shade Eyeshadow Palette • $29.00
FLOWER Beauty Blush/Bronze Duo in Shimmering Goddess
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar – Momento • $18.00
Billion dollar brows Universal Brow Pencil • $18.00
[adsense id=”3637220125174754″ slot=”4668915978″ width=”480″ height=”60″]