Modern Renaissance Palette Look
I’m usually the one here doing the recommending but thanks to all of you, I’ve fallen in love with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette.
So many of you raved about this warm tone eyeshadow palette for so long, and for some reason, I resisted. Maybe I was just being practical, realizing I already had so many eyeshadow palettes, but when I was able to score it for $25 on Ulta.com, I had to see what the fuss was all about.
Since this isn’t a new item, and there are likely already thousands of reviews, I’ll try to shed some light on some of the lesser talked about elements of it.
I love that the shade names all honor classical art. Here are a few interesting references.
- Tempera is a type of paint.
- Golden Ochre, Raw Sienna, Red Ochre, Realgar, Venetian Red and Cyprus Umber are all popular oil paint colors.
- Vermeer is the artist who painted the famous work, Girl With a Pearl Earring.
- Buon Fresco is a style of painting in which you paint on wet plaster.
- Primavera means spring in the romance languages.
What I love about the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette
- Warm, flattering shade selection
- Mostly matte but with shimmer options
- Versatile shade range for a variety of looks, mostly warm but 2 cool tones
- Formula is smooth and blends beautiful
- Pigment rich without excessive fallout
- Included brush is actually quite nice and usable! One of the best included brushes I’ve come across really.
What I don’t love about it
- I could do without a few shades as they are too similar to each other such as Venetian Red and Love Letter, Raw Sienna and Burnt Orange, Tempera and Vermeer.
- Golden Ochre is a strange shade I don’t find myself reaching for much
- The velvety pink outer packaging can get dirty easily
Also wearing in this look
Marc Jacobs Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner
Ciate Wonderwand Mascara
e.l.f. Stardust Glitter Eyeliner-Pink Opal
Pixi MatteLast Liquid Lip-Really Rose
If you like this look, make sure to watch the tutorial below.
Do I recommend the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette?
Absolutely. The formula is excellent, the shades are beautiful and flattering. You really just need a matte black shadow and I think you could create hundreds of both day and night time looks with this. It’s getting added to my favorite eye shadow palettes here.
Leave a Reply