I have tried a handful of cream contouring sticks, none of them ever quite right. I’ve tried stick concealers-which didn’t blend seamlessly enough, Tarte’s The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer which was way too orange and shouldn’t be considered a contour product, in my opinion, and cream foundations that while effective, weren’t quick enough for daily use.
Well I’ve got a new ally in the contour game and she hails from Sonia Kashuk. The Chic Defining Contour Stick impressed me and my face-especially for $11! There’s only a few tiny things I don’t love about it but overall, it’s a winner and an item you need to throw in your little red basket next time you’re at Target.
- Ultra-blendable. It has both African walnut seed oil and pistachio butter so I suspect those for the dreamy texture. It doesn’t drag on the skin whatsoever!
- The color is the closest to a true contour color that I’ve seen in a drugstore product. It isn’t overtly orange or bronze.
- Matte! So important in a contour product.
- Easy of application. Because this is a retractable chubby stick formula, it’s so easy to just dot or swipe onto your contour areas and blend out with fingers or a brush! I like the precision this provides!
- The price! $11, boys and girls! This is an $11 dupe for NAR’s $39 Multiple!
- The scent. Good lord-why? It smells like cheap rose perfume and I have no idea what the reasoning behind that was? I know some probably enjoy this aspect but I am not a rose fan so it’s bothersome. Of course I only smell it during application but not on my face during the day or anything.
- This is too large to apply precisely to the nose. It can be a little warm for the nose as well so just use quite sparingly. See how I used it in the video below.
- I would still like to see this even more ash/taupe but at the same time, it warms up your skin which is a nice effect.
Watch the video below to see the Chic Defining Contour Stick in action. Sorry I couldn’t be bothered to wear eye makeup, brows or lips for this video apparently. I did have other tutorials to film that day but please girl. Get it together.