My skin is always dry, but right now, it’s worse than ever. The air in my house is dry (I know this because both of my cats have dandruff. I lead a glamorous life.) Below are some of my favorite products that make living the dry skin life a little easier. Something else I’m seriously considering is a stylish humidifier to use while I sleep. This one is pretty cool too since you can just use a standard bottled water! I think it would be a nice to keep at your desk if you work in a super dry office environment.
1. NUXE Masque Creme Fraiche de Beaute Soothing & Rehydrating Mask If you’re a dry-skinned gator, now is not the time to do a clay mask. This mask is hydrating and soothing and can be rinsed off after 10 minutes or just rubbed in! I like to wear it to bed and wake up with happier skin!
2. The Original Beautyblender If your skin is dry, flaky, sensitive red, buffing foundation in with a brush can actually irritate it further, micro exfoliating the top layer of skin. Applying with a beautyblender not only feels like the pressure of a marshmallow, but because you wet it prior to use and press into the skin, you get added hydration that way too!
3. Urban Decay Cooling & Hydrating Chill Makeup Setting Spray If your face still feels a little tight after finishing your makeup, a hydrating setting spray like this will calm it down and make everything mesh together nicely on your skin. Plus, it feels lovely and will make makeup last all day, sometimes a problem with dry skin!
4.Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrate If you want a mega-hydrating moisturizer that also doubles as a primer, here’s your girl. This can be found in many a makeup artists’ kits and with good reason. It’s rich texture soaks into even the driest of skin and makes a great base for your foundation.
5. NUDE Skincare ProGenius Facial Treatment Oil If you find that your dry skin still feels dry, even after applying moisturizer, you need to up your game with a facial oil. I don’t know how I lived without them. This is my favorite one ever. I apply after cleansing at night then top with a night cream and it’s luxurious and effective.
6. Evian Facial Water Spray I know-an aerosol can of water?! But this purified spring water is one of the fastest ways to add a boost of hydration, in the most enjoyable way. I spray it on to wake up, to refresh mid-day, before makeup, after makeup and the other night, I sprayed it over my facial mask and it was a total hydration station.
7. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream The entire First Aid Beauty line was pretty much made for dry and/or sensitive skin. This is the richest cream in the line and can be used on face and body! It contains ingredients that not only hydrate, but soothe and calm angry, dry skin. A little goes a long way too!
I hope your thirsty, dry skin becomes a little less thirsty! And if you celebrate thirsty Thursday with some post work drinky dranks, it’s up to you…