The TYME iron is a unique hot styling tool that can be used to both straighten and curl hair, acting as a 2-in-1 tool. It was designed by stylist Jacynda Smith who wanted a faster way to style her hair as a busy mom. It retails for $190 and is made with gold plated titanium plates. The TYME iron is super pretty and kind of looks like a demented flat iron that someone shifted the plates on.
The TYME iron comes packaged in an attractive white box and includes a protective sleeve case. TYME offers free shipping, free returns within 30 days and a 1 year warranty and will do FaceTime calls with you so that you know you’re using it properly.
I have a full demo and review video but here’s the skinny in words.
- True 2-in-1 tool that makes for easy packing when traveling and saving space in your bathroom drawer.
- Creates much longer-lasting curls and waves when compared to traditional curling iron. My hair doesn’t hold curl well and my style lasted through an outdoor shoot in 95+ degree weather.
- Awesome customer support! I love that they will do multiple FaceTime calls until you get it. It took 2 calls for me.
- Includes protective sleeve, which is nice.
- I would describe the learning curve as steep. Because it’s a whole new way of curling hair, it’s not something you’re going to be able to nail on the first, nor the second try.
- When sliding the iron out of the sleeve, I’ve pinched my fingers if I am not holding it shut.
- The $190 price tag can make you feel bummed out when it’s not something you’ll feel comfortable using for at least a few weeks.
- It may not be any faster than a curling iron or wand if you have a ton of hair like me. It still took me a while to style my hair and I don’t think it saved me any TYME necessarily.
Finished style on thick, heavy, virgin hair. Side view of curls, grey hair in it’s glory.If you’re digging the sounds of all this, TYME is actually having a sale that starts Monday, 7/18. Promo code TYME20 gets you 20% off site wide!
Product provided for review purposes. No financial compensation was received and all opinions expressed are my own.