Coastal Scents Revealed Palette Look
The Coastal Scents Revealed Palette is one of those “how does this exist?” products. By that, I mean, how can a company replicate another company’s shades and palette configurations, almost identically, for a fraction of the price and the quality isn’t even crappy?! Well, that’s what happened here and we’re just gonna go with it!
I got this palette as part of the December BoxyCharm, and it alone has made the entire box a win. Amongst the 20 shades, there is a dupe for each shadow in the Urban Decay Naked 1 and Naked 2 palettes. The colors are spot-on, the texture is really nice and the wear is pretty decent too. I don’t get it, but again, I’m not complaining! If you’d like to see a dedicated review, just comment below and let me know, ok?
Now onto the look! This is a soft, golden brown look that could be worn for day or night, depending on who you are and where you work of course!
1. Using a crease brush, apply the darker matte brown shade to your crease, working from the outside, in. Dupe for Buck in Urban Decay Naked 1 Palette
2. Then, using a flat shader brush, pack the golden shade next to the matte brown, all over the lid.
Dupe for Half Baked in Urban Decay Naked 1 and 2 Palettes
3. Grab a small smudge brush and sweep the darkest shimmery brown along your lower lash line.
Dupe for Darkhorse in Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
4. Now, using a blending brush, work that same shimmery dark brown into the outside corner of your eye.
5. Using your blending brush, bring the color into your crease a bit, coming about halfway over.
6. Dip a finger in the bright, shimmery pink and press onto the center of your lid.
No known dupe in Urban Decay Naked Palettes
8. Using what is leftover, dab a little onto the highest point only of the brow bone.
9. Using a black liquid liner, draw the outside portion of your wing first. Follow the line of your lower lash line as a guide, aiming towards the tail end of your brow. I am using L’Oreal Lineur Intense, not that you should necessarily as it’s not my favorite.
10. Working out-to-in, then in-to-out, form the rest of your line. Work in small strokes and gradually build to your desired width.
11-12. Using a black pencil liner, like L’Oreal Infallible Silkissime, tightline the inner rim of your upper lid. This will create a more seamless look and eliminate a gap of skin showing through.
13. Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes. I used L’Oreal’s Voluminous Miss Manga. Of all the hyped-up, drugstore mascara releases in 2014, I really liked this one.
Lips: Be a Bombshell in ‘Some Beach’
Skin: L’oreal True Match Lumi in W1-2 and W4 mixed
Brows: Billion Dollar Brows Universal Brow Pencil
Cheeks: Benefit Blush in Sugarbomb
Highlight: LORAC Perfectly-Lit Luminizing Powder in Spotlight
I hope that you enjoyed this look! Thanks for hanging out with me for a moment. Yer cute. <3