As I bid adieu to July and welcome the hottest month in the Midwest, let us pause with a big glass of cold brew coffee to reflect on the makeup and skincare products I loved last month. As I write this favorites post, the humidity outside is a disgusting 96% and the state fair begins next week so yeah, it’s that stanky time of year. I’m ready to be rid of July though. My janky Mini Cooper broke down 3 times last month and in the end, it was so bad I had to get a new car. Cheers to a new month!
Luna Sleeping Night Oil It’s $105. I know. I know! For this very reason, I didn’t even want to like it. I visited a friend who works at Sephora and she gave me a generous sample of this. I’ve been using it for over a week now and that has been long enough to fall in love with it. I love a facial oil and then when it has retinoids? Well, we might as well just get to procreating.
- Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette Despite one of my favorite YouTubers Stephanie Nicole kind of taking a dump on this, I really like it. I use it almost everyday, particularly Bestie and R U Kitten Me in the crease and Cool Beans on the lid. I think the shadows have great pigmentation and blend out great.
- NUME 25mm Curling Wand I used to brag about how dumb I was about doing my hair. Now, I am less dumb and this wand is 85% of the reason. It’s so easy to use and doesn’t take 1 million hours. My style really holds when I style with this too! Make sure to use the heat protectant glove though unless you like looking like you have a cigarette burn on your forearm. Not that I would know…
- Vita Liberata PHenomenal Tan Mousse I was so excited to try another sunless tanner that claims to have no odor. I was like, “psh. Sure ya don’t.” Sidenote: I can’t say ‘psh’ without thinking of this hilarious video. But it’s the real deal. This is the most non-stinky sunless tanner I’ve tried. Though it doesn’t last 3 weeks, I think it’s fair to say 1-2 weeks.
- Glossier Coconut Balm Dot Com I have been applying this every night before bed and I look forward to doing it every time. The scent is like true, nutty coconut, not fake suntan lotion.
- Lord & Berry 20100 Matte Crayon Lipstick I recently received some goodies from Lord & Berry and this was one of the most impressive products I tried. The matte lip crayon not only felt comfortable on but lasted a super long time! It endured multiple bottles of water, an iced coffee, breakfast burrito and smooching my friend’s doggies.
Thank you for reading and I hope this post has been helpful/entertaining/enjoyable to read.
Some products provided for review purposes. No financial compensation nor positive reviews were encouraged and all opinions expressed are my own.