I’m from Iowa, home of the Iowa State Fair and the annual butter cow. Yeah, it’s exactly what it sounds like, a cow made of butter. So when a product uses the word ‘butter’ in it’s name, it’s strangely comforting and familiar. Physicians Formula Murmuru Butter Bronzer had me at the B word. Plus it was all swirly looking so I had to try it.
Now normally, I’m not a bronzer person. If I contour, I use a contour powder and when I want to look tan, I use sunless tanner or just resign to the fact that I’m a pale whale. However, the swirly texture of this butter bronzer, the fact that it’s summer and it’s tropical scent lured me in. I’m glad it did! This matte, mid-tone bronzer adds realistic color without looking orange and smells like a tropical drink while doing it. ALL THE PINEAPPLE EMOJIS!
Discard the included sponge because it’s quite silly and pointless. However, swirl your bronzer brush across the surface and onto the tops of cheek bones and hairline for a Miami look in the Midwest. I also love using this as a transition shade in the crease of my eye. You can see it in action in this tutorial. It’s surprising that this actually comes in a lighter shade as I find the original quite flattering on paler skin tones like mine, but good to know for true snow whites!
- Soft-focus pigments ensure a smooth finish, not chalky or blotchy.
- Flattering non-orange color
- Suitable for all skin tones, including very pale
- Paraben free
- Gluten free
- Cruelty free
- Dermatologist approved
- $15 price point may not be considered as “drugstore” as bronzers half the price
- Included applicator is weird and inefficient
- Scent may not be for everyone
- Not suitable for contouring if that is your intention