I’ve lived in Iowa my whole life so I’m quite used to cold winters, but every year at this time, my Facebook feed fills with “whyyy do we live here again?!” and “I’m moving to Florida!” Honestly, I like Iowa a lot but my skin doesn’t always agree. When running the heat nonstop, it’s a struggle-fest for dry skin. Lately, I’ve been adding hydration every step of the way and I wanted to share my current winter skincare routine with you. If you have extra dry skin, I hope this helps!1. Pixi Glow Mist I’ve been setting my makeup with this to add glow and hydration but also reduce any powdery finish. I’m doing the dew all the time.
2. LimeLight by Alcone Quench Cleanse I will always love this cleanser but even that has made my skin feel a bit tight lately. I’ve been using this cleanser instead and just ordered another bottle that I hope arrives soon! It’s the most gentle one I’ve ever used, soothing my irritated skin with ingredients like aloe vera, sunflower seed oil and foraha fruit seed oil. I really like the non-foaming texture too.
3. Derma e Skin, Hair and Nail Oil I’ve been dropping 3-4 drops of this onto my beautyblender to apply my foundation and it adds a pretty glow plus extra moisture. It has no scent or heavy feel and can be added to your regular moisturizer for an extra boost of hydration.
4. Proganix Argan Oil of Morocco Body Oil Mist I’m terrible about putting body lotion on after my shower. I’ve been doing a fitness challenge and loving my hot shower afterwards but that often leaves my skin more dry and itchy. You spray this on in the shower, rinse off if you want and you’re good to go. It smells nice and it actually gives you lasting hydration. Peace out itchy skin!
5. Masque Bar Green Tea Sheet Mask I never quite understood the appeal of sheet masks until this winter. It took me awhile to find one that wasn’t sticky and that I felt like did what it said. This one is affordable and effective and this one is awesome but a bit pricier. A sheet mask helps to trap moisture and infuse it into the top layers of the skin while also forcing you to relax for at least 20 minutes.
6. Pixi Hydrating Mist When your skin is uber dry and you can’t even bear to rub moisturizer in, spray it on! I love using this for an extra boost of moisture midday or even on top of moisturizer on my driest days.
I hope this helps out my dry skinned sisters and brothers!