best beauty and fashion podcasts
At the risk of sounding like a hipster old person, I was listening to podcasts before podcasts were cool. I would listen to them while working on my design projects in college, then while walking to my first big girl job. Now, I still listen to podcasts religiously and look forward to my favorites each week. I listen to them while doing my makeup and continue while driving to my makeup appointments. I enjoy a lot of different ones but these are my top fashion and beauty podcasts for your listening enjoyment.
- Girlboss Radio Host Sophia Amoruso is the founder of Nasty Gal and author of #GIRLBOSS. Each week, Sophia interviews different female entrepreneurs, movers and shakers. She’s an excellent host, being that she built a business from nothing herself. Some of my favorite episodes are: Cassandra Grey, CEO of Violet Grey, Grace Bonney of Design*Sponge, Youtube creator, GloZell Green, Emily Weiss founder of Glossier and Gregg Renfrew of Beautycounter.
- Pop Fashion I love listening to what’s happening in the fashion world via Lisa and Kaarin because it totally informs the beauty world as well. As a bonus, they are hilarious, real-life friends and their chemistry is great.
- Fat Mascara Beauty editors have seen and tried it all so who better to host a beauty podcast? This is a new podcast but has quickly risen to the top of my list. Some of my favorite episodes have been interviews with Rose Marie Swift of RMS Beauty and Kat Von D. Jess and Jenn talk the talk with all the big players in the beauty game and I learn a ton each episode.
- Beauty and the Vlog Erica Viera gives us a peek behind the YouTube curtain, interviewing both the big and upcoming beauty stars. She asks straightforward questions about how they found success, what worked and what didn’t and what tools they use to achieve such notoriety. I have gained valuable insight from her podcast.
- Behind the Beauty I have soft spot for this podcast because I “met” the host Serein though the Allure Beauty Blogger Awards in 2014 and we’ve kept in touch ever since. Her interviews are seriously so freaking great and I am totally loving this new podcast. Make sure you listen to the 3-part series with Kerry Hite to learn so much about skincare. I feel like a scientist now, you guys.
- ModTV I’ve been listening/watching this podcast longer than any of the others. It’s how I discovered Pat McGrath. It’s how I fell in love with backstage beauty coverage and knew I wanted to be a part of it. Even if you’re not a fashionista, because I assure you, I am not, the beauty coverage, visual inspiration and trends are worth subscribing for. I love hearing the designers’ inspiration for their collection, including the hair and makeup looks.
Leave a Reply