I realize I haven’t adequately professed my devotion to a product I love and use often. The Violet Voss Holy Grail Palette is that product. Since it’s finally back in stock on their site, I thought now would be a good time to tell you why. This palette contains 20 full size warm tone eyeshadows for $52 in a large palette with a mirror. It contains 8 mattes and 12 shimmers, all in autumnal, rich tones like copper, gold, wine and rose gold. I find that this palette is the one I reach for when I don’t want to have to think. It’s a fail-proof palette for creating a flattering look that accentuates my cool-toned green eye color. I only packed this palette when I went to New York for fashion week and it served me well. When I went to get a blow out, the girl even commented on my eye makeup. Thanks Violet Voss!
I find the texture to be just right in terms of pigment and blendability. The shimmers are creamy, enhanced with jojoba oil, but not so much that they are immovable on the lid. The mattes are not patchy or dry feeling as some can be. These contain kaolin clay which I credit to their great wear time. Out of the 20 colors, there are only a few shades I find I avoid.
So Jelly is a bit too holographic pink for everyday life and sadly, Wine N Dine is my least favorite. It’s the one I wanted to like most but instead of a rich burgundy wine, it reads hot pink on me. I don’t reach for Chill too often as it’s what I’d consider to be a “weak” gold. If I want gold, I just use Toffee. And now onto my go-to shades in this palette, as indicated below.
- Bestie is my perfect transition shade and I start every look with it. Love.
- Sometimes I deepen the crease with R U Kitten Me. Also, the name the name has Kitten in it, so win.
- I love Brownie Points and Teddy Bear for darkening the outer corner. Teddy Bear is more plummy brown.
- Toffee is a gorgeous, rich gold for the center of the lid.
- Thanks a Latte is a nice matte brow bone highlight or for softening edges.
- Bat My Eyes is a coppery brown that I like to wear all over the lid for a soft, smoky bronze eye.
- Cool Beans is my favorite in the entire palette as it’s one of the most unique shades I own. It looks a bit taupe in the pan but on it’s the perfect neutral metallic, with no silver or gold shift. It just works every time.
Overall, I think the Violet Voss Holy Grail one of my favorite palettes. For me, it really is a holy grail. If you have blue or green eyes, I think you’ll love it too. You can preorder it now on the Violet Voss site with shipping beginning 11/28.
Palette purchased with my own money. No financial compensation was received.