Here is a glitter-free version of a NYE look. My beautiful friend Kelly was attending a wedding this evening and though it’s a New Years Eve wedding for a super cool couple, she wanted to look appropriate…but still festive! Shaken not stirred, shimmered, not glittered. Her dress was an awesome inspiration-a burnished gold sequined minidress.
I used the following products to create this burnished metallic eye:
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
- Naked 2 Palette: YDK
- Naked 1 Palette: Half Baked and Creep
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Black
- Sephora brand false eyelashes
- Loreal Double Extend mascara
- Revlon Colorstay blush in Honey
- Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation in Light/Medium
- Makeup Forever HD Powder
- Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet
How to create the look:
To create a “burnished” effect, I applied NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean all over the lid first, blending it out to create a soft black base.
Applying YDK shadow on top, followed by Half Baked in the inner corner and Creep in the crease and outer V, I was able to achieve a multi-dimensional metallic look perfect for Kelly’s dress.
I lined Kelly’s lower lash line with Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow in Bad to the Bronze.
I then lined Kelly’s upper lash line with one of my very favorite black liquid liners, Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Black. I did an elongated cat eye, but made the wing more straight than curved.
I applied Sephora’s false lashes, concentrating them on the outer corners of Kelly’s eyes.
Kelly applied her favorite foundation by Josie Maran, Argan Matchmatcher Serum Foundation in Light/Medium. It changes from white to match your individual skin tone!
I set Kelly’s foundation with Makeup Forever’s HD powder.
I used a spicy peach colored blush on Kelly’s cheeks-Revlon Colorstay blush in Honey.
To finish the look, I applied Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet to Kelly’s lips with a pointed lip brush.
Thank you Kelly for being a gorgeous model as always! You make it easy!
2012 was a really wonderful year for me.
- I trained for and ran my first marathon. Please view a wonderful short film my brother created about my experience.
- I went to my first Lollapalooza and it was AWESOME! Music is one of life’s greatest highs.
- I ran a Color Run with my husband and brother and it was just as colorful and fun as I knew it would be.
- I ended my ad agency career and began working somewhere else-Sephora, doing something I truly love-makeup!
- My husband and I sold our house, and bought a new one!
- I started this blog!
I thank you all so much for continuing to read here! I am always happy to answer your questions and look forward to hopefully doing some of your makeup in 2013! Thank you for sharing my love of makeup and may your 2013 be a year of blessed, fantastic, fabulous events! <3