As a working freelance makeup artist, I have to keep my kit constantly stocked and ready to beautify. I purchase supplies from a variety of places from Sephora to Naimie’s to Camera Ready Cosmetics and even the drugstore! Yes-the drugstore! Here are 6 products that I think perform just as good as the pros for mere pennies!
1. Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes These are literally the only makeup wipes I like. Because they are formulated for sensitive skin, they work for everyone and never sting or burn. No alcohol, no perfumes, no dyes, no oils. Holla. I stock up whenever I can.
2. L’oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup If I had to use only a drugstore foundation for the rest of my life, this would be it. The coverage is excellent without looking heavy and my skin looks radiant and healthy whenever I wear it. I love that it looks dewy and pretty without any shimmer or sparkle.
3. L’oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Amber Rush This unique pressed pigment formula is silky goodness that feels more Dior than drugstore. You can apply these with your fingers or a brush and they are just so gorgeous. Amber Rush is the most perfect rose gold, so much so that I used it on my bff for her wedding day!
4. Rimmel London ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude For brightening up the waterline and visually enlarging eyes, a flesh-toned pencil liner is the ticket. This one is the perfect shade and is soft enough to apply gently and easily. It wears well too!
5. Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm These give you that gorgeous matte lip without the dryness! They have a slight minty scent and come in a range of killer vivid shades. I love Elusive, Audacious, Showy and Shameless. These are total dupes for Tarte’s LipSurgence Matte Tints!
6. NYX Cosmetics Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray Setting sprays are a crucial step if you want your makeup to really last. Due to their price tag, sometimes we use them very conservatively. Girl, go to town with this one! It sets and refreshes with no stickiness or gross smell. Go for the Dewy formula though. The Matte version has a glue scent.