In my time working at Sephora, one of the areas I gained the greatest knowledge in was skincare. I never thought much about it until working there but once I started learning about peptides, alpha and beta hydroxy acids and retinol, I was fascinated. One of the brands that quickly emerged as one of my go-to’s was Murad.
I love Dr. Howard Murad’s approach to skincare and believe that no matter your skin issues, there is a product line for you within the Murad family. Howard Murad is not only a dermatologist but a pharmacist so he truly understands what ingredients do within the body. Fun fact: he’s a talented painter too!
Dr. Howard Murad categorizes ingredients into 3 key categories: hydrators, anti-inflammatories and antioxidants. I’m totally on board with his philosophy and today I’m sharing 7 of the best Murad products with you.
1. Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield SPF 30 If you want a primer that blurs wrinkles and pores and helps to prevent future aging, this is for you. It’s a silicone-based primer with SPF built in. A tiny bit goes a long way!
2. Essential-C Day Moisture In terms of a daily moisturizer with SPF, this is as close to perfect as it gets for me. This vitamin-C packed moisturizer feels lightweight but hydrates completely. I feel good applying it, knowing it contains SPF 30. It absorbs quickly and doesn’t slip and slide under makeup.
3. Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix When I get those hideous zits that pop up and ruin my life, this dramatically reduces the size overnight. This is a benzoyl peroxide product so it’s going to be better for spot treating.
4. Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture I think everyone can benefit from a night cream, especially if you’re a dry type like me. I love how rich and soothing this feels. It has no scent and hydrates fully with shea butter, avocado, sunflower and olive fruit oil.
5. Eye Lift Firming Treatment This product contain hyaluronic aside spheres making it great for prepping the eye area before an event. You press the little moon-shaped papers over the product on the eye area and they double as shadow shields while you do your makeup! That type of practicality just wins me over every time.
6. Murad Acne Clearing Solution I use this at night the week before my period when I’m most prone to random breakouts. I also like to use this when I’m particularly stressed and sleep-deprived to keep breakouts at bay. It’s best for mild breakouts as it has a relatively low .5% salicylic acid content. Because of this, it’s non-drying and gentle.
7. Murad Retinol Youth Renewal Serum I have seen the most results in my skin as a result of retinol products. I just got this and already love it! It’s lightweight texture makes it perfect for layering under your night cream and the next morning, skin is fresher and brighter. It has bonus ingredients like hyaluronic acid and not only retinol but retinoids as well.
Please note: I am not a licensed dermatologist or esthetician. I am sharing my personal review on products that have worked for me and my skin type. When trying new skincare products, request a sample from Sephora to ensure your skin likes it first! If you see a derm, ask them how they think your skin will tolerate certain ingredients like salicylic acid, retinol, etc.
Products graciously provided by Murad for possible review purposes. No financial compensation was received in exchange and all opinions expressed are my own.