If it’s cool with you, I’m going to skip all the weed puns and get straight to business.
CBD, short for cannabidiol is derived from both hemp (Cannabis Sativa) and marijuana (Cannabis Indica), but usually full spectrum hemp. If there’s a hot new ingredient in beauty, it’s definitely CBD.
A few important things to know about CBD
- It has no psychoactive effects and does not cause you to feel high.
- It will not show up on a drug test when derived from hemp.
- Hemp-derived CBD is legal in all 50 states. You do not a need a medical marijuana license or dispensary.
Hemp Oil vs. CBD Oil
- Hemp oil and CBD oil come from different parts of the plant. CBD comes from the flowers, leaves and stalks and hemp oil is from the seeds only.
- Hemp oil is extracted by cold pressing the seed.
- CBD oil is most commonly extracted by CO2, using carbon dioxide under high pressure.
- Hemp oil is not bad but will not have the following benefits to your skin that CBD oil does.
CBD Skin benefits
- Decreases oil production
- Causes abnormal cells to die
- Reduces inflammation
- Antioxidant rich
- Helps with conditions like acne, rosacea, psoriasis and eczema
I encourage you to do your own research about CBD and understand that I’m not making any medical diagnosis or recommendations beyond my own personal experience.
I believe in CBD’s health benefits. It has helped my husband’s epilepsy, my cramps, my mom’s back pain, my brother’s carpal tunnel. I believe that CBD has numerous benefits, beyond the beauty realm.
If you’re also interested in taking CBD for overall health benefits, I recommend Charlotte’s Web, where we buy my husband’s CBD capsules.
Defynt Skin The Anti-Serum / Life Elements Bliss Ball / Milk Makeup Kush Mascara / Kush Queen Bath Bomb/ Crave Skincare
Milk Makeup KUSH Mascara
This nourishing mascara gives your lashes a full and soft look. It lengthens via heart-shaped fibers and the CBD oil helps to strengthen your lashes. Milk has since added KUSH Fiber Brow Gel to their CBD lineup.
My full review can be found here.
Life Elements Bliss Ball
This is responsible for the most relaxing bath of my life. These bath bombs don’t leave my skin itchy like some heavily fragranced and colored bath bombs do and they are handmade in small batches. I love the 50mg Swedish Massage one because it has real lavender in it.
Defynt Skin The Anti-Serum
This has a light rose scent that surprisingly doesn’t bother me. The texture is lightweight but not too watery. In addition to CBD, it also contains great ingredients like meadowfoam seed oil, hyaluronic acid and coenzyme Q10. I feel like this serum firms and calms my skin and I will definitely, or should I say Defyntly keep using it.
Kush Queen Bath Bomb
I didn’t detect any scent from this but the color made me wonder if I was turning pink! I didn’t like this one as much as the Life Elements Bliss Ball but might like to try other varieties before I rule this one out. I absolutely love the Kush Queen Melt CBD Lotion for muscle pain though.
There are a few new CBD beauty products on my radar that I hope to try out too. I’m particularly interested in the Kana Lavender Hemp Sleeping Mask.
KUSH Mascara and Crave Skincare purchased with my own money. Defynt The Anti-Serum and bath bomb sent by Kush Queen for review purposes. No financial compensation was received nor was a positive review encouraged.